BloGNews and interesting artilces from Foundation contributors.
Back in 1976 James Bryan Creech, a local historian, carpenter, and school teacher took on the challenge to relocate and restore his great grandparents' log cabin home, built in 1845 by Henry Wright Strickland. Creech salvaged the logs and structural timbers and...
The Four Oaks Area History Foundation grew out of a concern to preserve the history and cultural heritage of the Four Oaks area. Jim Best, the father of the foundation, had a desire to preserve items related to Four Oaks history and eventually display them in a...
All who have studied the history of Four Oaks, are aware that it was named by Colonel Robert Rufus Bridgers, President of the Wilmington and Weldon Railroad. A supply depot, to accommodate the work train that built the “shortcut” from Smithfield to Benson in 1885,...
PO Box 533
Four Oaks, NC 27524